Thursday, April 24, 2014

Argo

Argo @**% yourself.  I thought that was best saying in the movie in my opinion.  Anyway, I really like the movie Argo because it kept me off the edge of my seat at the very end.  I did like how the movie started off with the hostage situation at the Iran U.S embassy.  The middle part of the movie was kind of boring because they were just thinking of plans to get the U.S government officials out of Iran.  I think a film maker has a responsibility to stay as true to the real story as possible.  There are some elements of a true story that can have liberties however there are other elements that have to stay true to the story.  Offending any character in the story could result in law suits and credit issues.  I think the little things can be at liberty when making a film such as clothing and equipment stuff.  The setting and the characters have to be spot on in order to be considered "based on a true story."  Ben Affleck's character kind of confused me because he was a CIA agent who had connections to Hollywood.  I feel like Ben Affleck's character portrayed the roles of more than one person who helped develop this Hollywood plan to get the Americans back home.  The airport scene at the end never really happened in the true story and I think Affleck is at fault for the element of the movie because he also directed it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment