Thursday, February 20, 2014

tombstone

Tombstone Blog

1.  I liked that Tombstone really had that old western style cinematography look to it.  I really felt like I was on an adventure in the wild west.  Whyat Earp was by far my favorite character in the movie because of the way he enforced the law in Tombstone.  He eventually fought off the organized crime that was going on in tombstone. The general theme I got out of this movie is that an established law enforcement force is crucial into settling into to new places because a lot of "Cowboys" got away with things that they shouldn't have.  

2.  I believe that an event becomes legendary when it is remembered for a substantial amount of time.  A person becomes a legendary figure by doing something extremely remarkable that has not been done before or what they did will never happen again.  I don't believe that any individual character in Tombstone deserved to be crowned as a legend.  The event as a whole I think is legendary but the characters are not.  The classic gun skirmishes with revolvers and repeaters are really what appeal to me when it comes to the wild west along with the small town aspect of tombstone.     

No comments:

Post a Comment